Friday 29 February 2008

MAYOR ENTERS QUEEN'S SECRET BACK PASSAGE

Dr Pangloss made a spectacular discovery while on a visit to the former home of Westphalia-on-Sea's Queen of Crime, Clarissa Miller. He said: I got separated from the guide and just pushed a door. It gently opened, and to my surprise there was this dusty back passage in front of me. Temptation got the better of me and I went right in, and there on the floor was this bundle of papers which I now know was a lost manuscript'.

It is believed the book was originally shelved because of it's controversial title 'Ten Thousand Grockles'. It was renamed 'And Then There Were None' but for some reason the manuscript was lost and the book never made it to print. A spokeswoman for the publishers, a Mrs Irene Dalloway, gave the Westphalia Express an exclusive synopsis of the plot: "It's set in a fictional seaside town where all the tourists go missing one by one until there are none left. A little man is brought in to try and figure out what's happened, and he bumbles around for about five years but in the end he solves nothing, but he still puts in a pay claim for a quarter of a million pounds. It's actually very long-winded, drawn out and a massive anti-climax. It's not like any of her other books, and the central character has no sympathetic qualities. On top of all that it is totally unbelievable. I mean, as if a town would let someone come in and pull the wool over their eyes like that - I could have done better myself'.

No comments: